Under your Contact Info, LinkedIn gives you the option to link to a website or blog. But by default, the text that shows in your profile is the extremely dull “Blog” or “Website.” Anyone visiting your profile has no clue where they’ll end up if they click on that. Want to use your actual brand or business name? You can! Here’s a simple little trick: When editing the Websites area of your profile, select the “Other” option. Now you can add your own website title and URL. We call these anchor links and they help to anchor your profile to important links like your business website, your blog, or even a charity that you support. You get to highlight three anchor links on the introduction card on your profile. Note: You currently can’t manage this feature on mobile devices. Please use the Desktop experience to make changes.
To add a website:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click Contact info in your introduction card.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click the Edit icon.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Add website.
- Copy and paste your website address into the Website URL field.
- Choose the type of website from the drop-down list.
- Note: If you select Other from the list, you can type in your own website title.
- Click Save