S02 E08. You’re Networking All Wrong and How To Get It Right with Networking Expert J.Kelly Hoey
| Duration: 35:10
J.Kelly Hoey transformed her career through networking and in the process became an expert on the subject. Today she is a sought after keynote speaker, has a podcast on the topic and recently released a book ‘Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships in a Hyper-Connected World’. Business Insider exclaimed that
Build Your Dream Network
“completely changed the way I think about networking” and we do too.
Like many of us this is an area where we struggle, which is why we jumped at the chance to learn from her expertise. Kelly believes that there is no one-size-fits-all formula when it comes to networking but there are a few tips that can make you better at it. She offers a fresh approach to mastering this essential but timeworn skill in a world where “everyone is frantically posting, liking, and friending”; yet too many people are failing to successfully make the lasting, genuine connections their careers need.
1. Some of the topics we cover:
2. How did you become a networking expert?
3. Are there different networks for men and women?
4. What should the structure of your network look like?
5. Is it different networking online?
6. What networks do women need?
7. How can you leverage your male network to increase your female network/community?
8. Research shows that successful women leverage their networks better than anyone else. How and why?
9. Top tips for creating a network.
How do you make it more fun?
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like to learn more about us please subscribe and leave a review. It helps us get found.
And if you’d like to learn more about our community check out our website and sign up for our newsletter.
You can also find us on:
Learn more about J.Kelly Hoey
Book: Build Your Dream Network. Forging Powerful Relationships In A Hyper-Connected World.
listen on iTunes